Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We Are at the Hospital BUT...

Not because I am in labor. My brother, Andrew, is living with us for a while and this afternoon he started having severe back pain. After about 30 minutes of me triaging him and his pain not getting any better, I decided it sounded like kidney stones and I took him to the urgent care in town. They told us they couldn't give him anything for pain until after all the scans were done and even then it would be a prescription we'd have to get filled and it could take a while so we jumped on the interstate and headed to the ER. I decided we should go to the hospital where I will be delivering just in case I went into labor.
Babies tend to come in chaotic times in our family. When my niece, Karis, was born, the morning of the scheduled induction my other brother, Austin, starting having severe pains so my sister-in-law, Misty, took him to the ER and he ended up having an emergency appendectomy. He almost missed the birth but they rolled him in all drugged up...it was an interesting action packed day.
Just as Andrew and I were getting in the car, Misty called me to tell me my mom was taking her home to Indiana. She and my nieces have been at their house since Sunday just hanging out before school starts and she has not been feeling well. They were all supposed to come to our house tonight to stay a few nights with us but because she has not felt well for a few weeks my mom is taking her to Indiana to the hospital and my dad is keeping the girls so if Misty gets admitted to the hospital up there someone will have the girls.
So now that all of my family is tied up and going to the hospital, I am sure Ensley will come today...ha! However, I am still not having any contractions or pains so we'll see what happens.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: