Saturday, July 11, 2015

Clinic Day Two


Sindo region
347 patients treated
 1388 prescriptions dispensed
420 children at camp

144 NEW BELIEVERS
who will worship with 
PASTOR JOSEPH OGALO
and the new church plant of 
ONYWERA

This sign says "village is a child labor free zone".
Thankful for strides in the right direction. 
The beauty of the people God created

The beauty of the earth God created





























A bit of rain and rough dirt roads made for an exciting muddy ride into Sindo. We made it all the way there only to get stuck turning up the drive to the clinic site. The very chivalrous men would not let us get out of the van in the mud so we all moved to the back of the van as they attempted to push us out.




Kaitlyn, Grace, Heather, Bri, Mama Lori, Liz, Briana in the back of the van.

Cathy, Bob, Erin H

The view from the pharmacy window











The pastors tent was set up right outside the pharmacy window and so I had the blessing of hearing the Good News proclaimed in their native language over and over that day. I could hear them singing and praying and it encouraged and blessed my heart.

 On the way to clinic I noticed these bushes along the roadside and was brought to tears at the sacrifice of my Savior. This 'Everybody Duck' song was on repeat in my head:

"The thorns on your brow
They tell me how

You bore so much pain to love me.

And when the heavens pass away
All your scars will still remain
And forever I will say,
Just how much You love me.

And so I want to say,
Forever my love
Forever my heart
Forever my life
Is Yours"

You may have noticed that my pictures from the first two days of clinic are from a distance and there wasn't much close interaction with the Kenyan people. The nature of my work as a pharmacist there was checking prescriptions for accuracy and not much one-on-one time with the people. I prayed for time of interaction, time to hear their laughter and stories, time to hold their hands and hug their necks...and God provided in a unique way. I was sitting in the lobby FaceTiming my girls after clinic when a group of school aged children surrounded me to see why the muzungu was talking at the phone. They were speechless and puzzled until I told Ensley to say "Jambo" (hello). They all replied "Jambo" then looked at me very confused and asked if I was "communicating with her." I told them, "yes, she is my daughter in America and we are communicating." One student looked into the phone and said "Jambo" to which Ensley replied, "Jambo!". The laughter that erupted from the sweet faces around me was priceless. 

I am so thankful to serve a living God who cares about even the little details that we bring to His throne. God not only allowed me interaction to hear their laughter but He allowed Ensley to see the beauty of His people in Kenya and their big smiles.
My sweet husband captured a screen shot of this memory. This was their puzzled look :)

No comments: