Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

So often I take the blessings God has showered over me for granted and I wanted to take a little time to reflect on all that He has done and given.
I AM THANKFUL...
1. that Jesus paid my sin debt on the cross.
2. for the hope I have because Jesus rose 3 days after His death.
3. for my sweet husband who loves me despite of me.
4. that E and I have the ability to work and love our jobs.
5. for grandparents who brought up my parents with reference and love for God.
6. for parents who have supported and loved me no matter what.
7. for in-laws who accept me as their own.
8. for friends that understand me and laugh and cry with me.
9. for a roof over my head.
10. for my health.
This is only a small fraction of all that I have to be thankful for. When I think of all that I have to be thankful for, I can't help but think of all the people who don't even know when their next meal will come or if it will come in time. I can't help but think of all the people who wonder if the few clothes they have will keep them warm enough to make it through the winter nights on the street. I can't help but think of the beautiful children who don't have a family to support them and love them. I can't help but think all the people who have never been told about the gift of Jesus.
Father Your goodness to me is overwhelming. I can't comprehend Your grace but I am so thankful for it. Help me to show Your love and goodness to those around me and around the world. Open my eyes to opportunities to bless others. Give me boldness to tell the world of Your Son and His sacrifice.

No comments: