Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thirteen months

As I watch Ensley play and learn everyday I am amazed at her development and her Creator. Here is an update on what she is doing these days.
Ensley walks everywhere now. It seems like overnight she went from walking 10% of the time to walking 90% of the time.
She jabbers all day long. Her vocabulary increases by the day. Her word of the day yesterday was exuberant...ok, maybe not. Puppy is pup-pup sometimes but most of the time she just pants like a dog. She has a new baby puppy sound now that we have puppies...when she is referring to Kala's puppies she whimpers. Her animal sounds include meow, moo, baa, gobble (which is the cutest), baak (chicken), hiss, ooo-ooo (monkey), elephant, duck (quack and duck sound the same), she makes a fish face and wrinkles her nose for a
bunny.

She signs please, thank you, eat, and more and shakes her head no.

She says num-num-num when something tastes good. She smacks her lips and says ahhhh when she drinks something. She says juice, shoes, bow-bow (hairbow), ball, bunny, baby, momma, da-da, night-night, bye-bye. She gives hugs when asked for some lovin' and blows kisses (mmmuhh) and gives eskimo kisses.

We read Goodnight Moon most nights (or I recite it from memory) and when I get to 'old lady whispering hush' she puts her finger to mouth and says Shh. She also tells dogs to Shhh when they bark. If I say/sing Old MacDonald she sings EeeAaaEeeAaa back to me. When she sees a vacuum, blow dryer, swiffer wet jet, etc she points and makes a zzsszzshh noise that I obviously can't mimic in spelling :)

She dances to music and sings along with some of her cd's in the car. She reads books out loud which is pretty funny to listen to because it is a lot of jabber but she emphasizes certain sounds and syllables as if she is really telling a story.

She is a very friendly child. She waves and smiles at everyone when we are out including mannequins and scarecrows.

Her favorite things of recent days include a blanket that she sleeps with at night and wears like a shawl during the day. She has two monkeys that receive more loving than her other animals, one is a sock monkey in her room and the other is a pink print monkey that stays downstairs. We have played with stickers for an hour a day the last few days, she thinks it is funny to put them on my nose. She likes to push any kind of button that causes music or noise to play. She picks up my phone and puts it to her ear and says da-da bye-bye.

My dad gave her a UT football player bobble head that sings Rocky Top and It's Great To Be A TN Vol this morning. She had been playing with it for a while when she pointed at it, said da-da and shook her head no as if she knew he didn't approve. It was too cute.

This is all I can think of right now but I will continue to post some of the little things for those of you who don't get to see her often and so I can look back years from now and remember what she was doing.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: