Saturday, January 15, 2011

Aloha-Day Two

How sweet is this picture of Ensley with her cousin Connor! We are having a blast with the family. I love love love these kiddos so much and can't believe how much they have changed in the last four months. They are all so sweet with Ensley...I think Connor might even try to keep her here when we leave.

Day two I woke up with the breeze blowing through our room while listening to the birds singing praise to God and watching Ensley play with her feet. Ensley adapted to the time change like a champ waking at 730am and 630am on days 2 and 3 respectively. We are so blessed!

After the kids went to school we went for a drive around the coast. Around every curve was another breathtaking view. We saw some whales spraying from their blowhole but never got to see them come out of the water. We also had our first shave ice...which is nothing like the snow cones back home. Then we were driving around downtown Honolulu and Ondrea was showing us some of the places you see on Hawaii 50. When we got to the gold statue they were filming an episode so we got out and took some pictures.

For lunch we ate at Duke's overlooking the water. They had a great lunch buffet with Kahlua pork...yummy!

After Brian got home, EJ, Jack, Meg, and I headed to Waikiki for EJ to try surfing. In the 30-45 minutes they were out there he never got up but they saw a huge sea turtle and an amazing sunset. Meg and I made a Sleeping Beauty sand castle while watching the gorgeous sunset.

Day two has been another day in paradise!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: